Anderson Mori & Tomotsune is a full-service law firm formed by the winning combination of three leading law firms in Japan: Anderson Mori, one of the largest international firms in Japan which was best known for serving overseas companies doing business in Japan since the early 1950s; Tomotsune & Kimura, particularly well-known for its expertise in international finance transactions; and Bingham Sakai Mimura Aizawa, a premier international insolvency/restructuring and crisis-management firm.
Our combined firm provides an extraordinarily powerful value proposition. Housing all of these synergistic practices under one roof, and further increasing our resource scale, we have the capability to: (1) serve a multinational client base, (2) on in-bound, out-bound and domestic projects, (3) by providing expert, timely and cost-efficient advice, (4) across a full range of legal issues, and (5) in the largest, most complex, cross-sector transactions.
We are proud of our long tradition of serving international business and legal communities and our reputation as one of the largest full-service law firms in Japan. Our combined expertise enables us to deliver comprehensive advice on virtually all legal issues that may arise from a corporate transaction, including those related to M&A, finance, capital markets and restructuring/insolvency, and litigation/arbitration. The majority of our lawyers are bi-lingual and experienced with communicating, drafting and negotiating across borders and around the globe. We welcome the opportunity to work closely with clients and channel our resources towards our goal of achieving more together.
We are headquartered in Tokyo with branch offices in Osaka and Nagoya. Outside Japan, we have offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Bangkok. We also have associated firms in Hong Kong, Jakarta and Singapore.
Our lawyers take great professional pride in their work. As a fundamental principle, we continuously strive to deliver premier quality legal services on each and every client assignment. To achieve this, AMT professionals are dedicated to four maxims: the pursuit of excellence, steadfast effort, maintaining quality and constant improvement.
- Full-ServiceAs a truly integrated, full-service, commercial law firm, we meet the legal needs of our international clientele by combining the depth of resources of approximately 500 lawyers with expertise across a wide spectrum of legal disciplines and an array of legal jurisdictions.
- Client FirstOur client ethos is to focus on building long term bonds with our valued clients, rather than seeking short-term relationships or gains. We strive to become your trusted advisor and put your needs first.
- Cross-BorderInternational and cross-border projects are our forte. Utilizing our offices in Japan and outside Japan, as well as our extensive overseas network of trusted law firms, our cross-border practice is robustly expanding abroad in new and developing markets, as well as more established, mature jurisdictions.
- Accumulated KnowledgeAs a large, leading law firm in Japan, we have accumulated a wealth of practical knowledge, insight and know-how, which was developed over many decades of legal practice. Our clients benefit from this database of experience, including tried and tested solutions, which we continually update and fine-tune.
- Group NameAnderson Mori & Tomotsune
- AddressOtemachi Park Building, 1-1-1 Otemachi
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8136, Japan
- EstablishedJanuary 1, 2005
(Anderson Mori in 1952; Tomotsune & Kimura in 1967)
- Number of Professionals571
- Japanese qualified lawyers (498)
- Non-Japanese qualified lawyers (55)
(including 10 Gaikokuhou Jimu Bengoshi)
- Patent Attorney (benrishi) (15)
- Administrative Scrivener (Gyoseishoshi) (2)
- Judicial Scrivener (Shihoshoshi) (1)
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune consists of the general partnership named Anderson Mori & Tomotsune, Anderson Mori & Tomotsune LPC, Anderson Mori & Tomotsune (Singapore) LLP, Anderson Mori & Tomotsune (Thailand) Co., Ltd., and is associated with Nakamura & Associates in Hong Kong, H & A Partners in Jakarta and DOP Law Corporation in Singapore, and is part of a Joint Operation with A&Z Law Firm in Shanghai.
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune LPC
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune (Principal Office）
Otemachi Park Building
1-1-1 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8136, Japan
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune LPC, Osaka Office (Branch Office）
24F, Grand Front Osaka Tower B, 3-1, Ofuka-cho
Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0011, Japan
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune LPC, Nagoya Office (Branch Office）
13F, Midland Square, 7-1, Meieki 4-chome
Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 450-6213, Japan
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune, Beijing Office
Beijing Fortune Building, Room 809
No. 5, Dong San Huan Beilu Chao Yang Qu, Beijing 100004
People's Republic of China
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune, Shanghai Office
40F, Shanghai World Financial Center 100 Century Avenue
Pudong New Area Shanghai 200120
People's Republic of China
Nakamura & Associates in association with
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune
Suites 4110-4111, 41/F., Jardine House
1 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune (Singapore) LLP
9 Raffles Place #16-01, Republic Plaza, Singapore 048619
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune Ho Chi Minh City Office (HCMC Office)
Unit 2, 23rd Floor, Saigon Centre Tower 2, 67 Le Loi Street
Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
12th Floor, Unit 1204-1205 Mercury Tower, 540 Ploenchit Road
Lumpini Sub-district, Pathumwan District, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
H & A Partners in association with Anderson Mori & Tomotsune
Menara Astra, 39th Floor
Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 5-6
Jakarta 10220, Indonesia
- 1952Mr. James Buell Anderson registered in Japan as a quasi member of the Japanese bar and opened a law office in Tokyo.
- 1953Mr. Richard W. Rabinowitz registered in Japan as a quasi member of the Japanese bar.
- 1955Mr. Arthur Kazuo Mori registered in Japan as a quasi member of the Japanese bar.
- 1963Anderson Mori & Rabinowitz is established.
- 1969Mr. Nobuyuki Tomotsune became a name partner of Nishimura Komatsu & Tomotsune.
- 1991Anderson Mori & Rabinowitz changed its name to Anderson Mori.
- 1998The Beijing Office of Anderson Mori is established.
- 2001Tomotsune Kimura & Mitomi changed its name to Tomotsune & Kimura.
- 2005Anderson Mori & Tomotsune is established through the merger of Anderson Mori and Tomotsune & Kimura.
- 2007Bingham Sakai Mimura Aizawa is established through the integration of Sakai & Mimura and Bingham McCutchen LLP, and subsequent integration with New Tokyo International.
- 2013The Nagoya, Shanghai, and Singapore Offices of Anderson Mori & Tomotsune are established.
- 2015Anderson Mori & Tomotsune expanded further with the addition of the core members of Bingham Sakai Mimura Aizawa and opens its HCMC Office and Jakarta Desk.
- 2016The Bangkok Office of Anderson Mori & Tomotsune is established.
- 2017The Osaka Office of Anderson Mori & Tomotsune is established.
- 2019Associated firm Nakamura & Associates commenced practice in Hong Kong.
- 2020Associated firm H & A Partners commenced practice in Jakarta, Formal Law Alliance between AMT Singapore and DOP Law Corporation.
- 2021Anderson Mori & Tomotsune becomes a Foreign Law Joint Enterprise, and establishes a joint operation office with A&Z Law Firm in Shanghai.
Our consistently high recognitions
AMT's devotion to providing premier quality legal services has repeatedly been acknowledged. We are deeply honored and privileged to consistently receive top professional recognition for our work on international and domestic corporate law matters. We sincerely value and appreciate the trust that our clients have placed upon us, and will continue to deliver premier, comprehensive legal services to meet their needs.
Our Commitment to Pro Bono Initiatives.
We regularly provide pro bono legal services to public interest foundations, community groups, and non-profit organizations, and contribute to bar associations, governmental agencies and educational institutions as well as other entities focusing on issues related to human rights, education, the environment, health, the arts, LGBT rights and social investment.