Since the late 2000s, we have seconded our attorneys to local law firms in Vietnam and to the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to provide support to Japanese companies considering making investments in Vietnam, as well as those who have established their business presence in Vietnam.
With the rise in demand for our legal services due to the increase in Japanese companies operating in Vietnam, we opened our Ho Chi Minh City Office in May 2015, followed by our Hanoi Office in November 2022, in order to meet our clients’ diverse legal needs.
We have particularly extensive experience in advising on foreign investment projects in the form of joint ventures with local partners, and represent our clients in various M&A transactions, including the acquisition of, and investment in, Vietnamese listed companies.
In addition, we continue to have strong relationships with multiple local law firms in Vietnam, and based on the specific needs of our clients, we can work together with the most appropriate law firm to provide the highest quality legal services to our clients.
Main areas of practice
- The establishment of Japanese corporations’ bases in Vietnam, and their withdrawal from the country
- Real estate and infrastructure projects
- Dispute resolution
- Compliance by Japanese corporations’ bases in Vietnam
- Financial transactions (e.g., loan agreements and the creation of various types of security)
- Antitrust and competition law
- Labor and employment law
- Intellectual property law
- General corporate law