When a crisis arises, companies rely on Anderson Mori & Tomotsune to provide multidimensional strategies which are tailored to their circumstances and requirements.
The right response to a crisis requires a team equipped to deploy a comprehensive response and execute on multiple fronts. AM&T can quickly mobilize a team of seasoned practitioners offering the full spectrum of corporate, commercial and, when needed, criminal expertise. Our ability to deliver both depth and breadth of these services in fluent English, sensitive to the business and cultural requirements of overseas companies, is unparalleled.
Our Crisis Management team -- which includes our partner who recently received recognition in a national publication for his expertise in this area -- will help your organization to prepare, respond, minimize legal exposure and protect the assets and reputation of your organization. We will work with you towards safeguarding your strategic interests with your customers, your industry, government regulators and investigators, the media and the general public.
We provide our clients with an array of viable and innovative solutions which address the crisis while seeking to minimize operational disruption. Our services include:
- Swift development of coordinated communication strategies that allow for simple, reliable, and regular communication with relevant stakeholders;
- Real time translation capabilities through bilingual lawyers and the capacity to communicate fluently in multiple languages;
- Frequent contact with regulatory agencies and enforcement agencies;
- Extensive experience in leading internal investigations swiftly and unobtrusively;
- Experience acting as lead counsel coordinating complex civil litigation;
- Leading experts covering the full spectrum of corporate and commercial matters;
- Leading former criminal prosecutors with vast experience managing high-profile, complex matters; and
- A close network of top tier law firms throughout the world, for crises involving multiple jurisdictions.
- Handling of Risk Management/Corporate Scandals
Corporations conducting business in Japan are sometimes faced with difficult situations, such as criminal investigations initiated by government authorities, force majeure events, and corporate scandals such as crimes committed by employees, accidents caused by product defects and false descriptions made in disclosure statements. These events, if not addressed firmly and swiftly, could pose not only a threat to the reputation of a company but also an existential risk to its business. Our lawyers have deep experience and our Firm offers extensive resources, through which we provide high-caliber and timely advice to our clients. We address both the primary issues while remaining sensitive to any ancillary or consequential issues which may arise. In short, we offer a comprehensive solution.
- Third Party Investigative Committee Services
Our firm is frequently appointed as an independent, third party investigative committee to determine the underlying causes of corporate scandals and propose measures to prevent future reoccurrences.
Our experienced team of lawyers conducts investigations quickly and discreetly. To help our clients address the cause of the corporate scandal, our interdisciplinary team of lawyers works in conjunction with company management to prepare and implement comprehensive solutions and strategies to resolve the issue and its reoccurrence in the future.
Our extensive experience in coordinating third party investigative committees enables us to offer our clients tried and tested methods when it comes to identifying and addressing corporate scandals to minimize risk to our client’s reputation and reduce the impact of the corporate scandal.
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune is often engaged to obtain an independent assessment of proposed M&A transactions. Our deep industry experience and expertise provide us with a unique ability to create a committee comprised of leading experts from a diverse range of industries, as well as coordinate the function of the committee to ensure that it is focused and result driven.