- ▼Relevant Publications and Seminars
Anderson Mori & Tomotsune has extensive experience in the labor and employment areas. Our labor and employment team consists of over 20 attorneys able to provide specialized and practical advice and assistance on labor and employment matters, including in connection with the resolution of disputes, which we tailor to the circumstances of each client. Our attorneys are fluent in both English and Japanese, and thus, are able to service both domestic clients as well as international companies that are or intend to conduct business in Japan.
AM&T's labor practice has been recognized and rated highly by many prestigious international organizations and legal industry publications. Such achievements lay testament to the high quality of our work and expertise in providing practical advice and solutions to complex labor and employment matters as well as our ability to provide timely advice to employers in the unique and often challenging environment of Japan's labor market.
Further, AM&T is able to offer clients a holistic package. In addition to the provision of traditional legal advice and assistance, AM&T regularly holds onsite training sessions for clients, aimed at familiarizing management and supervisors with Japanese labor law and informing them about specific areas which are particularly relevant to their specific field and company.
Some of our awards and rankings, mentioned above, include:
- Client Choice Award for three years in a row (2009, 2010, 2011) and Firm of the Year Award (2010) in the Management Labor and Employment Law category from the International Law Office;
- Firm of the Year Award (2010) in the Management Labor and Employment Law category at the Dealmakers Annual Awards; and
- A Band 1 ranking for two consecutive years (2010 and 2011) from Chambers Asia, in which AM&T is the only Japanese law firm to receive a Band 1 Ranking in the Employment category.
Our specific areas of practice include:
|Employment Law and Compliance
- Expatriate Employee Issues
- Executive (Board Members and Auditors) Issues
- Labor and Employment Issues Associated with Corporate Restructuring (M&A, Business Transfer, Corporate Split)
- Payroll System, Retirement Allowance, Pension
- Labor Safety and Sanitation, Workers' Compensation, Social Insurance, Labor Insurance
- Temporary Employment-Related Issues (Fixed-term Employment, Worker Dispatch)
- Japanese Labor Law Compliance (Rules of Employment, Employment Agreement, Personal Information Protection, Fringe Benefit Program, Personnel Relocation, Overtime Work, Disciplinary Punishment, Childcare and Nursing Care)
- Managing Labor and Employment Issues
|Employment Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Employment Reduction and Termination Matters
- Sexual Harassment and Power Harassment
- Employees with Mental Illnesses Issues
- Labor Union Issues
- Labor and Employment-Related Dispute Resolution and Litigation
|Business Immigration Matters
- Business Immigration and Resident Visa Applications
- Business Immigration-Related Laws and Regulations Advice