1. Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations etc.
When handling Personal Information, AM&T complies with the Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations.
2. Collection and Use of Personal Information
AM&T may have occasion to collect and use the following kinds of Personal Information for the purposes set forth in "3. Purposes for Use of Personal Information".
- name, address, gender, date of birth, name of company or organization, position, telephone number, email address
- Personal Information otherwise required for AM&T to provide legal services
3. Purposes for Use of Personal Information
AM&T uses collected Personal Information to the extent necessary for achievement of the following purposes and does not use the same for any other purpose.
- performance of legal services provided by AM&T
- submission of information in connection with AM&T's legal services
- mailing of AM&T courtesy announcements, invitations to seminars, newsletters and so forth
- the appropriate and smooth performance of the business of a law office
4. Control of Personal Information
AM&T strives to maintain Personal Information accurately and with the most up-to-date content.
Internal regulations concerning the protection of Personal Information have been established for the purpose of preventing the leakage of, loss of, or damage to Personal Information, and through periodic review and amendment of such regulations an appropriate system is in place and strict security measures have been implemented.
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
With the exception of the following situations, AM&T does not provide Personal Information to third parties.
- in the event of the prior consent of the concerned person
- if required by laws or regulations
- if required for protection of life, body or property but it is difficult to obtain consent from the concerned person
- if particularly required for improvement of public health or advancement of the sound nurturing of the young but it is difficult to obtain consent from the concerned person
- if necessary to cooperate with national organizations, local authorities or duly authorized persons in order to respond to the implementation of matters required by laws or regulations and there is a risk that obtaining the consent of the concerned person would obstruct the performance of such matters
- if provision is otherwise approved by the Personal Information Protection Act
6. Requests for Disclosure, Amendment etc. of Personal Information
AM&T may accept requests for disclosure and amendment etc. concerning Personal Information in the possession of AM&T from persons designated in such Personal Information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act. For further details, please submit inquiries to the contact person listed hereinbelow.
9. Inquiries Regarding the Handling of Personal Information
AM&T accepts complaints and other inquiries concerning the handling of Personal Information at the following contact point.
General Affairs Department